Seattle Art Museum - just 3 blocks from the Alexis Hotel
Seattle Arts and Culture at The Alexis Hotel
If you're interested in art and culture, The Alexis Hotel is the place to stay in Seattle. From our own curated "Art Walk" and remarkable suites to our location just two blocks from the Seattle Art Museum and near countless galleries, theaters and music venues, we celebrate the arts in style at our boutique downtown hotel.
Seattle is known for its quirky sensibility, and our historic hotel is no exception. The past of Seattle is present and the future is unfolding in our guestrooms, specialty suites, public spaces and throughout the neighborhood. The Alexis Hotel is a dynamic part of the Seattle arts community, displaying original works by local artists throughout our hotel. Your stay with us also centers you for artful adventures elsewhere in the city.
At The Alexis Hotel
- Seasonal Exhibitions. The Alexis "Art Walk" is an art-filled hallway of original works by local artists. Curated by the Seattle Art Museum's Barbara Shaiman, the exhibition changes quarterly, features a variety of mediums and flows from our dedicated Art Walk hallway through to all of our public spaces.
- Specialty Suites. The vibrancy of the Seattle art scene is showcased in The Alexis Hotel's specialty suites. From the Pacific Northwest Ballet to glass-blowing artist J.P. Canlis, local creativity shines in our Seattle hotel suites.
- Seattle Art Museum
- Benaroya Hall (Seattle Symphony and Chamber Music Society)
- Paramount Theatre
- 5th Avenue Theatre
- Experience Music Project (EMP)
- Science Fiction Museum
- Seattle Repertory Theatre
- Marion Oliver McCaw Hall (ballet and opera)
- Olympic Sculpture Park
- Asian Art Museum
Barbara Shaiman, artistic and managing director of the Seattle Art Museum's Rental and Sales Gallery, is curator for The Alexis Hotel's art exhibitions. The hotel's rotating art exhibitions can be found throughout the public spaces and along the "Art Walk," a hallway dedicated to fine art. Barbara is an independent curator and a successful ceramic artist and has had her work exhibited across the country.