The Alexis Hotel: Artful Style and Historic Luxury in Downtown Seattle
Our Kimpton Hotel is ideally located in downtown Seattle, just two blocks from the Seattle Art Museum, near the Seattle waterfront, Pike Place Market and Pioneer Square. Surrounded by Seattle's boutique shopping and unique restaurants, The Alexis Hotel is the perfect choice for both work and play in the Pacific Northwest.
Our knowledgeable concierge, Keith Dowsing, is available to assist you with reservations, tickets, and directions and details to every attraction in the Emerald City and beyond. To contact the concierge desk, please call (206) 340-6685.
Meet Our Concierge, Mr. Keith Dowsing
Keith Dowsing, concierge at the Alexis Hotel is not only knowledgeable of all that Seattle has to offer, but also yields some of his best insider tips on the Emerald City, including:
- Where is the best place to get a cup of coffee in Seattle?
- Definitely Monorail Espresso on 6th & Pike Streets.
- If your best friend was coming to the city, where would you take them?
- I would take my best friends to Lake Union for kayaking and sightseeing. Check out Seattle houseboat living along the way, and grab a cup of chowder at Ivar's Salmon House on Lake Union.
- What is something that most people don't already know about Seattle?
- This is interesting: the great Seattle fire of 1889 was started by a guy heating glue over a gasoline fire. Smart huh? After this fire, the city was rebuilt up along most of 1st Avenue (including the Alexis' Hotel's current location). You can still check out the old store fronts on the Underground Tour.